Gibraltar Chronicle Logo
Features

Miss Gibraltar contestants meet for the first time

The nine contestants for Miss Gibraltar all met for the first time last week.  They did so during the official hand-over meeting to producers Stage One.

The contestants were briefed by the Chief Executive of Gibraltar Cultural Services Yvette Zarb and producer James Neish.  The meeting comes ahead of the start of rehearsals next week. Mrs Zarb took them through the rules and regulations and told them it would be an “unforgettable experience”.

Their training will include catwalk and interview skills and a number of photo shoots and other events are planned.

This will be the ninth Miss Gibraltar pageant produced by Stage One.

James Neish told the contestants it would be different, exciting and fun “for them and the audience”.

He spoke about how live music will play an important part of the show with resident band Afterhours although, as expected, didn’t give too much more away at this stage.

As already announced all the contestants will be supporting the new Calpe House Appeal as part of their charity work.  In a letter the charity trustees wish them all the best and thank them ahead of the start of their fundraising and awareness campaign.

As traditional a draw will be held for contestant numbers. This is scheduled for April.

The pageant takes place on Saturday 4th June.