Summer Sports Programme continues to attract children
The GSLA Summer Sports programme enters its next phase with new sports available. After the successful completion of the Basketball and Football summer camps it is now the turn for Netball and later next month rugby.
Now in its twentieth year the programme continues to offer children a wealth of opportunities through coaching outside of club structure.
Sport and recreational activities continue to grow during Week Three of the 20th Anniversary Summer Sports & Leisure Programme the following will be available.
• Teenagers – Aqua Aerobics geared towards teenagers at the GSLA Accessible Pool Wednesday evenings 8pm to 9pm.
• Family Fun Evening – table tennis coaching, badminton, tennis, paddle tennis, climbing, darts, table top games and orienteering games at the Bayside Sports Complex, Tuesday evenings 8.00pm to 10.00pm.
• Sports Train - weekday mornings, 10am to 12.30pm at the Bayside Sports Complex for 7 to 14 year olds.
• Children’s Corner - Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 10am to 12.30pm.
• GSLA Leadership through Sport Level 1 Award will be organising a Mini Festival of Sport for 7 & 8 year olds on Tuesday 30th July in the Tercentenary Sports Hall.
• Table Tennis Monday to Wednesday 10am to 10.30pm in the Tercentenary Sports Hall.
• Netball Coaching with Gibraltar Netball Association coaches, Monday to Wednesday 10am to 12.30pm.
• Ju-Jitsu instruction from highly qualified instructor Anthony Joaquin, Wednesday to Friday 10am to 12.30pm
• Tennis Coaching at Sandpits Tennis Club.
• Beach Volleyball on Thursday mornings at the Nuffield Pool.
• Wearable Art at the Montagu Youth Centre.
• Arts Tour & Treasure Hunt, Story time at the Library and Create Art Workshops with Arts Development Officer.
• Eco Arts in Alameda Gardens.
• Walks through History organised by Gibraltar Museums.
• Happy Crafting, creative crafts, sewing and textiles at the Art & Crafts Centre, Casemates.
Children and young people welcome to join in the Summer Sports & Leisure Programme that is sponsored by long time sponsor NatWest International.
For full information on activities available to children and young people over the summer holidays see the GSLA Website www.gsla.gi or pick up a Summer Sports and Leisure information booklet from Bayside Sports Complex, GSLA Swimming Pool Complex or Kings Bastion Leisure Centre.